Nizhny Tagil is the city in Sverdlovsk region located 150 km northwest from Yekaterinburg on the bank of Tagil River. This is the second most populous city in the region.
Nizhny Tagil is founded by Demidov's dynasty in 1722. In 1919, it got the status of the city.
Heavy industry is well developed in Nizhniy Tagil, and also easy and food industries, real estate development. Many large and small enterprises function in the city.
Alexander Nevsky church constructed in 1862 is located on Sovkhoznaya Street. In 1940, the church was closed and became toxic chemicals storage. In 1989, Alexander Nevsky church was returned to believers again. This is stone-built temple with one altar constructed in pseudo-Russian style. There is a Sunday school at the church.
There is a Museum of history of tray works, the Hudoyarov's House, on Tagilskaya Street. It was opened in 1991. Hudoyarov's four generations became famed for a skillful trays painting. Masterpieces of tray works from the 18th century up to now form expositions of the museum. The building of the museum is place of interest by itself; it is an architectural monument of the first half of 19th century.
A puppet theater is located on Lenin Street. It was opened by the director of the Leningrad new theater Julia Matveeva in 1944. In 1969, the theater moved to the new building. Different kinds of dolls are presented here. The repertoire is meant for both, children and adults.