Beryozovsky is the town in Sverdlovsk region located on the Beryozovka River, 11 km to the northeast from the regional center. This is a satellite town of Yekaterinburg.
Beryozovsky village was founded near a gold mine in 1748. The village was granted by the status of the town in 1938.
The church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin which is an architectural monument of the 19th century is located in the town. The church was built on a place of its wooden predecessor in 1868 but it was closed in 1942. The building of the church was occupied by offices and a warehouse. The church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin was returned to believers only in 1993 and then its restoration began.
Favourite destination of many people is the historical square. The main decoration of it is the small Beryozovka River through which some beautiful bridges have been spanned. The square was reconstructed in 2007.
Interestingly, the first panel one-storeyed house in the USSR and in Europe was constructed exactly in Beryozovsky at the end of 1945. Builders came especially here from every corner of the country to look at it. The house exists and now, it’s located on Beryozovsky trakt.